Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer Art Camp by Ms. Michelle

   With Summer quickly approaching I have one thing to say... It's time to get more creative!! I've worked all school year long with children with many different abilities in art. The age I teach five, six and seven year olds is wonderful!  They are so naturally creative!! Not only do they produce a great piece of art, but the process of making it is so important to their self esteem. As they move from start to finish learning new skills, it's the confidence they gain while creating that's  most important to me as their art teacher. At this age in particular, it's so important to help mold their little egos! My job is not only to have them take something home in the end, learn something new, but leave with a positive feeling of self. Here are some of my favorites I've done this past school year...take a look: 
Kindergarten -Eric Carle Inspired Owls


First Grade-"Rocking in my School Shoes" Painting and Collage


             Kindergarten-Kinder Crocs Collage and  Printmaking
  



3 comments:

  1. You are so incredibly talented! Can't wait to see what Seth comes home with - no pressure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe!! I know you have a busy Summer but we would love to have Seth..I will see you no matter what anyway!! Looking forward to Friday!!!

      Delete
  2. It's all so colorful! Love all the projects here.

    ReplyDelete